[Xapian-devel] Results GSOC 2011

Julia Medvedeva shante.mail at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:05:11 BST 2011

2011/5/1 Olly Betts <olly at survex.com>:

> And note that although GSoC prohibits students from collaborating on a
> project, there's no reason why you can't work together if you're not
> in GSoC.

I think it will be difficult a bit. The parser implementation is
consist from three part: grammar writing, scanner  and parser. Each
part is implementing sequentially and I don't see any way to separate
this task on two independent parts.  But, probably, somebody have any
idea how it could be done.

> It would be, though it takes time to come up with a list of interesting
> project ideas with suitable scope, so the list is likely to grow fairly
> slowly.  If there's an area someone is interested in, please say as we
> might be able to come up with some relevant ideas.

I am interesting in parsing technology and data extracting.  I have
participated in search engine implementation on my bachelor degree.
But that project was so simple, if it compare with Xapian, that I
can't bring any useful result in tasks related with search functions.