[Xapian-devel] Problems with /bin/cat and flintlock?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat May 14 05:52:16 BST 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 08:42:11PM +1200, Samuel Williams wrote:
> I made a patch:
>
> https://github.com/ioquatix/xapian/commit/cc49918129acf1991dd1b672a26bb8c625d40111
>
> It needs to be tested, I will try testing it, but it might be good to
> do a point release soon with this amendment. I will try to test in my
> environment.

Thanks.  I think I prefer switching to SIGKILL (which can't be caught or
ignored) rather than trying to ensure SIGHUP isn't ignored.  It just
seems the simpler fix.

But I'm failing to reproduce the hang currently - this is my attempt at
a testcase - does it fail for you if you remove your fix?

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/patches/xapian-ignoresighup1-testcase.patch