[Xapian-devel] FLAG_PARTIAL and subset words

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun May 15 21:57:52 BST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:25:04AM +0200, Greg wrote:
> We're using it this way:
> xq = qp.ParseQuery(query, (uint)Xapian.QueryParser.feature_flag.FLAG_PARTIAL);
> The op is AND and the get_description is fairly long (I removed some
> of it since there is a limit of 40k in the list), v90 is part of the
> SYNONYMs being generated:

Then it isn't ignoring the second partial word at all, but expanding it
as it should.

I think you've just found cases where it happens that the partial word
doesn't affect the results (or at least the top N that you're seeing).
That the partial word is a prefix to the other word in the query in both
cases just seems to be a coincidence!