[Xapian-devel] Does OP_NEAR works with stemming?

Shen Li te_quira at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 20:59:06 BST 2011

Hi All,

I used the OP_NEAR operator for queryparser, and when I searched for "apple store" from my own collection, the query is parsed as "Zappl:(pos=1) NEAR 11 Zstore:(pos=2)" but retrieved nothing. However, if I type in "Apple Store", the query is parsed as Xapian::Query((apple:(pos=1) NEAR 11 store:(pos=2))) and some results are showed. I'm not sure whether this has something to do with the stemming, and what I used is stem_some. Any clue is helpful, thank you!

Best,
Shen