[Xapian-discuss] php bindings

durga bidaye doubtfire40008 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 13:36:43 GMT 2006

hello Olly

this is my reply to ur queries:

On 3/16/06, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:00:38AM +0000, John Wards wrote:
> > Have you put:
> >
> > extension=xapain.so
>
> xapian, not xapain!

that was a typo

> > In your php.ini file? (next to the mysql ones etc at the bottom on the
> > php.ini usually)

This is an alternative to using dl().  If you list an extension in

> php.ini, then it will always get loaded.  If you use dl(), it's only
> loaded by scripts which want it.

even this is givin the same error...

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/20050606/xapian.so' - /usr/lib/php4/20050606/xapian.so:
undefined symbol: tclStubsPtr in Unknown on line 0

wat is this tclStubsPtr thing?

As an example, see "smoketest.php" which uses dl() and is run under
> a custom php.ini which doesn't load any extensions.
>
> > On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 14:40 +0530, durga bidaye wrote:
> > > I have installed php bindings and 'xapian.so' is present in
> > > folder /usr/lib/php4/20050606/( the one wich apache looks fr in order
> > > to load dynamic libraries) but inspite of that, when i try to execute
> > > the pgm "simplesearch.php" i get the following errors:
> > >
> > > PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
> > > '/usr/lib/php/20050606/xapian.so' - /usr/lib/php/20050606/xapian.so:
> > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown
> > > on line 0
>
> I notice that the error says "/usr/lib/php/" whereas you say that
> xapian.so is installed in "/usr/lib/php4/".  Was that a typo?  If not
> that's probably why it can't be found!
> ----------------------typo again-------------------------------
> What does this report:
>
> php-config --extension-dir

this command doesnt work on my sys..does not mean my version of php is too
old fr php bindings??

> > > Fatal error: Call to undefined function:  new_database()
> > > in /home/jana/final_search1/simplesearch.php on line 30
> > >
> > > In php.ini i have set the correct path fr dynamic libraries.bt still i
> > > m gettin the error.
>
> If you've set a different path in php.ini, you'll need to move xapian.so
> since it will be installed where php-config says, which is hardcoded
> into the php-config script (at least it is for PHP 4.1.2).
>
> > > also  am i gettin the error "undefined function
> > > new_database" just  becoz the dynamic library is not gettin
> > > loaded...
>
> Yes.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

this is it....so wat exactly is goin wrng?

doubtfire40008 at gmail.com