[Xapian-discuss] UTF8 progress

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Feb 15 20:06:32 GMT 2007

I've now finished merging in the new snowball utf-8 stemmers, except for
some tweaking I need to do to enable the finnish and lovins stemmers to
work within the new framework.  The QueryParser and omindex/scriptindex
now include apostrophes in terms, in line with changes to the english
stemmer since the version Xapian 0.9.9 uses.

There are still some minor things to be done, but the current state of
SVN trunk is pretty good, and wider testing would certainly be useful at
this point, so if you're interested please give it a spin and let us
know how you get on.

As before, this wiki page summarises what's left to do:

http://wiki.xapian.org/Utf8Support

I've also made a start on a todo list for 1.0:

http://wiki.xapian.org/TodoFor1_2e0

I'm pretty sure that's incomplete though.