[Xapian-discuss] search without flush.

Richard Heycock rgh at roughage.com.au
Tue Jun 2 05:20:03 BST 2009

Hi,

Is it possible to perform a search without flushing the index? I've got
an application that updates the index every 4 hours but I need to be
able to search the new data fairly quickly after the index is updated.
The problem revolves around the fact that the update is often much less
than 10 000 documents so it isn't being flushed until quite a bit
latter. I realise I can do a flush after the documents have been updated
but I was trying to avoid the flush.

Is there a way of running a search after I've called add_document but
before flush is called?

rgh