[Xapian-discuss] Writing a MatchDecider and exposing it to PHP

Paul Dixon pdixon at astreetpress.com
Fri Mar 23 08:19:44 GMT 2012

> > This created a 'proxy' PHP class, but isn't there some way to make my
> > class a 'real' PHP class?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  You are wanting a class which
> wraps a C++ class, which is what a 'proxy' class is - a PHP class which
> forwards its methods to a C++ class,

What I mean is, SWIG generated a class written in PHP which called some
functions it generated by 'flattening' the class.

That might be fine, but I can't seem to get the Xapian PHP bindings to
recognize that I'm trying to pass a MatchDecider. So, I was wondering if by
making it a 'real' PHP class I could somehow allow it to be recognized as a
valid MatchDecider.

I could probably get around this by making a special build of Xapian and my
decider and regenerating the bindings from that, but if possible I'd rather
keep it separate.

I'll play around a bit more with this next week, but any clues or pointers
are welcome.

Paul