[Xapian-devel] goodbye QuartzBufferedTable

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Aug 11 22:00:20 BST 2004

I've finally managed to sort out the problems with my patch to eliminate
QuartzBufferedTable and checked it in.  I'm currently building a large
database to test this.  The rate was quite a bit faster initially but
after around 200K documents it has settled down to being very slightly
faster than before.

Even if the eventual rate is much the same, this at least improves the
time taken to build smaller databases and reduces the complexity of the
code in the quartz backend.

Once this test has completed, I'll try upping the number of documents
per batch and see if that improves the rate.