[Xapian-devel] Bindings and overloading

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Jun 3 13:38:54 BST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 01:03:43PM +0100, Alex Bowley wrote:

> I'm assuming this is the reason that attempting to call the
> variable-argument Query constructors in python throws errors.

The way overloading works in SWIG is to create /one/ method with
either *args or **kwargs as the formal parameter tail, and then doing
parameter type recognition in there.

Several of the Query constructors work fine for me in python. Which
ones are giving you problems? (And do you mean 'prints errors', or
'throws exceptions'?)

> Are these changes available in CVS?

Which changes?