[Xapian-devel] Bindings and overloading

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed May 26 17:49:29 BST 2004

This is going to be a problem. I don't appear to be able to rename a
method once it's declared. So if the core bindings file declares some
overloaded operators, functions or constructors, it's impossible to
move them out of the way in only some of the bindings.

Since Python supports overloading, I can't think of any solution to
this other than maintaining two different xapian.i files, one with the
overloading renamed away. This isn't pleasant - does anyone have an
alternative suggestion that would avoid this?