[Xapian-devel] Debian stuff

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri May 28 16:06:23 BST 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:54:43PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:
> Perhaps we should have a standard place to put such maintainer scripts -
> it might be useful to keep the scripts which generate the snapshots
> there too, I suppose.

And the tinderbox scripts.

> I'm guessing that it could be a problem due to having libtool 1.5.6
> improperly installed somewhere, such that it uses some of the support
> files for libtool 1.5 by mistake, resulting in a broken merge of the two
> libtools.

I have 1.5.6 installed locally (ISTR it helped the MacOS X build).

I noticed this problem elsewhere, but it seemed to just be stale scripts
(I looked at the changelogs and shrext was renamed to shrext_cmds quite
 recently).  But as you say, I think it is actually finding older
support files.  I'll have a look.