[Xapian-devel] Database Locking

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Fri Apr 8 14:02:39 BST 2005

This makes a good deal of sense to me.

Using "cat" as a helper sounds a reasonable plan - I first thought that
it would cause problems if the helper was absent, but /bin/cat is pretty
fundamental.  Then I thought that some "cat"s might have a fair bit of
junk in them which we don't want to bring into memory, but GNU cat is
only 16k on my system, and probably being executed pretty often by other
things anyway.  And though the options to cat vary between systems, that
won't be a problem because you won't need to pass any options anyway.

So, no objections, if it works.

--
Richard Boulton <richard at tartarus.org>