[Xapian-devel] soap service?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Apr 27 11:30:18 BST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:08:55AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:

> Soap is almost overkill. I use omega with an XML template. OK, I do
> have to build the query string, but otherwise it's a simple HTTP-get
> & parse-XML

OTOH, SOAP + a WSDL is very rapid to code against. Omega won't support
SOAP (although a WSDL could be written for Omega in theory, I don't
think it would be helpful, and it wouldn't be SOAP).

It wouldn't be too difficult to write using one of the bindings; any
language that has a good SOAP/webserv library would do.