[Xapian-devel] Re: Problem with Perl bindings (enquire)

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 16 14:46:10 BST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:13:44 +0400, Pronichev Alexander wrote:

>> This is pretty disappointing since fetching a document by index-term
>> is rather neccessary during indexing -- or how should one fetch a document
>> to replace it during re-indexing without enquires to the database?

[allowed myself to properly re-format your post]
> You may use "replace_document" method of Xapian::WriteableDatabase,
> if you know document id.

Err, what? I _do_ intend to use replace_document -- that's what my post is
all about. But to _find_ the correct document id I need to query the
database and for _that_ I need to create an enquire ...

> Or you have a set of terms neither set of document ids in your indexer?

??? I don't understand this sentence.

 Cheers Ralf Mattes