[Xapian-devel] Re: Re: Problem with Perl bindings (enquire)

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 30 21:37:32 BST 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:03:10 +0100, James Aylett wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:34:00PM +0200, R. Mattes wrote:
>
>> > You can also pass a term name to replace_document or delete_document
>> > instead of a document id, and any documents which are indexed by that
>> > term will be replaced or deleted.  It was added some time ago.
>>
>> Ah, ok, that's great news. So if I index an unique document ID i can
>> just pass that to replace document.
>> One more thing i observed (but it was late at night :) :
>> It seemed as if replace_document didn't alter the document _data_
>> (i.e. the fields set with set_data). Is this correct?
>
> Are you still seeing this? I've checked this on SVN trunk with the
> python bindings, are it works fine - and I can't think how the Perl
> bindings could get it wrong if the underlying library works.

Sorry for the late reply, i'm to busy lately. I haven't had a chance
to test this since my only Perl based indexer is in production use
(even so it was only meant as a demo - sigh). I think i can risk re-
running an indexing process over the weekend - I'll report as soon as
i have the first results.
BTW, one of my urgent projects is putting up a publicly accessible Xapian
search on our website (www.zeit.de). I'll send a note to the list as soon
as the site is up (and maybe someone can then update the customer page).
So far the feedback from the in-house users is excellent.

 Cheers Ralf Mattes