[Xapian-devel] [PHP5] Xapian not compiling

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 29 00:45:36 GMT 2005

There didn't seem to be any body text on your message, but I guess
you're asking if Xapian's PHP bindings work with PHP5 (or reporting that
they don't).

The latest release of Xapian (0.9.2) doesn't work with PHP5 - the test
in configure only looks for PHP4, and there are also issues with PHP5
and SWIG (the tool we use to generate the bindings).

But SWIG's PHP support has been majorly overhauled since Xapian 0.9.2
was released, and PHP5 is much better supported now.  I've been working
on updating the bindings to the latest SWIG in spare moments, but it's
not all finished and checked in yet.  I'll let you know when it is and
there's a snapshot to test.