[Xapian-devel] Re: rpmbuild error with xapian-bindings-0.9.5

Sungsoo Kim xingshou at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 03:38:06 BST 2006

> Which distros don't have them?  Debian's had them for ages!

I am sorry I have no any experience with Debian. I am used to
RH or RH compatible distros. And currently I am using CentOS 4.3.

> The intention is that you pass the more natural "--without csharp"
> (rather than "-D'_without_csharp 1'").  I don't think that's documented
> - best place is probably a comment at the top of the .spec file I guess.

I have just confirmed "--with csharp" or "--without csharp" parameters
are working as you explained. Thank you for your explanation!

> To be honest, most users will only want one of the bindings, unless
> perhaps they're building packages for their distro for the benefit of
> others.  So perhaps more natural would be to have "--with csharp", etc
> (assuming rpmbuild supports that) to enable only a specified set of
> bindings.  In the absence of any "--with" options, we try to build
> everything.

Now I understand your intention for that kind of optional parameters
and entirely agree with you.

Sungsoo Kim