[Xapian-devel] Ruby bindings now pass all smoketests

Paul Legato plegato at nks.net
Sat Apr 22 02:03:10 BST 2006

Dear Xapian developers,

I am happy to announce that the Xapian-Ruby bindings now pass all tests
defined in smoketest.rb. (These tests are mostly drawn from
smoketest.py; a few tests that are not applicable to the Ruby version
have been removed.) I have also added Olly's patch to integrate the Ruby
bindings into the automake/configure scripts.

The latest version is available by anonymous SVN from
https://nks-svn-001.nks.net/xapian-bindings/ .

Usage information is in the included README.txt. I have not yet tried
any real world application of the Ruby bindings, just the smoketest, so
the Ruby bindings should be considered beta quality at best. There may
still be a few unknown bugs in there. I will be conducting more
extensive testing next week. As always, I welcome any suggestions or
feedback.

Best,
Paul

--    Paul Legato, Senior Software Engineer     --
---       Networked Knowledge Systems          ---
----   P.O. Box 20772 Tampa, FL. 33622-0772   ----
----- (813)594-0064 Voice  (813)594-0045 FAX -----
------           plegato at nks.net            ------