[Xapian-devel] Ruby bindings now pass all smoketests

Paul Legato plegato at nks.net
Sun Apr 23 01:19:15 BST 2006

Hi Olly, hi Xapian developers,

There are now 3 complete examples in ruby/examples - simpleexpand.rb,
simpleindex.rb, and simplesearch.rb. They appear to be working well. Is
there a standard corpus of test documents with expected results for
various operations?

Some of the search terms suggested by simpleexpand are strange, due to
the input terms having been stemmed in simpleindex before insertion into
the database; it's producing non-words like "sometim" and "merg". Are
input terms typically not stemmed in a production environment, or is
there some way to get more user-friendly suggestions?

I haven't yet completely deciphered simplematchdecider.py, nor the
wrapper for MatchDecider in Python's util.i. I will look into those more
next week. I have also updated the code to use _xapian with no
extension. Should work OK cross-platform now.

Best,
Paul

--    Paul Legato, Senior Software Engineer     --
---       Networked Knowledge Systems          ---
----   P.O. Box 20772 Tampa, FL. 33622-0772   ----
----- (813)594-0064 Voice  (813)594-0045 FAX -----
------           plegato at nks.net            ------