[Xapian-devel] xapian + win XP + 2GB

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Fri Dec 22 10:17:26 GMT 2006

Grzegorz Bogdanowicz wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have problem with Xapian on Win XP. I compile Xapian with VC 7.0 using  win32.mak from Lemurconsulting. I want to use files 2GB+ but unfortunetly  this not work. I know that configure in Linux version change something to allow using large files.
>
> Could anyone help me.
>
> regards,
>         Grzegorz

Just to add, I've been looking at this, and my first idea was to #define
the following:

#define lseek _lseeki64
#define off_t __int64

The relevant source is btree.cc (for Quartz) and flint_table.cc (for
Flint), in both cases functions called read_block and write_block. These
appear to be the only places where lseek and off_t is used (apart from
in xapian-compact which isn't relevant for this test).

It would take me a while to set up a 2GB index unfortunately, so I can't
currently reproduce Grzegorz's results. One thing that might be
instructive is knowing whether anyone has used index files this big
using a Mingw version of Xapian...

Cheers

Charlie