[Xapian-devel] weight scheme with document values

Eric Langevin eric at canoe-inc.com
Tue Jul 25 16:54:15 BST 2006

Hi guys,
   I resently used  xapian to sort some documents by distance between 2
points.
I implemented a MatchDecider which work well.

I now tried to implement a Weight scheme to put my document in ascending
order depending on the distance...
My information to calcul distance is in values in the document.

How I can access document values from Weight to be able to add some
sum_extra weight ??

I just tried to create a function in Weight that look like:
Xapian::weight get_sumextra(std::map<Xapian::valueno, std::string>
values) const;
to calculate an extra weight from my documents values...

But now I going deeper and deeper in the code to make this functions
working...
Is it the good way to do this or there is an easier way ??

Thanks a lot

Regards.

Eric