[Xapian-devel] Initial patch for ExternalPostList

Rusty Conover rconover at infogears.com
Sat Jun 3 07:19:39 BST 2006

On Jun 2, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Alexander Lind wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but can you explain a little of what one can
> do with your addition here?  I mean what kind of functionality does
> it add to Xapian?
> I have read your posts about it, but don't feel like I've wrapped
> my head around it entirely :-)

The patch allows you to provide a source of xapian doc ids from an
external source, in my case I use a SQL database, and make it part of
a query's so that the documents returned will be required to be a
member of that source.  It allows you to search a subset of a xapian
database pretty easily.

If you still have questions I'd be glad to answer them.

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover
InfoGears Inc.