[Xapian-devel] enquire bug(?)

Alexander Lind malte at webstay.org
Thu Jun 15 07:18:29 BST 2006

Hi Guys

I've run into a little problem, which I think may be a bug in Xapian (or
more likely the php bindings).

The functions I think may not be working correctly is
Enquire_set_sort_by_value()
and
Enquire_set_sort_by_value_then_relevance()

Given a result set where each document has a unique number set on the
first value (0), I am trying to order the result by this value.

If I do
Enquire_set_order_by_value($enquire_pointer, 0, true);
that has the expected effect, and orders the results by the 0:th value
ascending.

If I do
Enquire_set_order_by_value($enquire_pointer, 0, false);
that has no effect whatsoever, the result is still ordered by relevance
only (it should order by the 0:th value descending).

If I do
Enquire_set_sort_by_value_then_relevance($enquire_pointer, 0, true);
or
Enquire_set_sort_by_value_then_relevance($enquire_pointer, 0, false);
neither has any effect whatsoever, the result remains ordered by
relevance only in both cases.

This seems to be bugs to me, but last time I thought I found a bug it
turned out I was just not using the functions right.
So do you guys think this is a bug - should I make a little
demonstration script and submit this as a bug to the xapian bug tracker?

Cheers
Alec