[Xapian-devel] xapian 0.9.6 build error on debian etch sparc

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Fri Jun 16 15:12:28 BST 2006

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 09:38:25AM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>> On 6/15/06, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
>>> I don't think anybody's tried Xapian on Linux/sparc for a while
>
> Quite a while - the previous report was for Xapian 0.7.3 with GCC 3.0.4.
>
>> All 7 tests passed
>
> Great - is this summary correct?
>
> sparc | Linux 2.6 Debian sid GCC 4.0.4 | 0.9.6 |Passed| from Alex Deucher [11]
>
> where footnote [11] explains the need to compile andmaybepostlist.cc
> using -O1.

Hi Olly & all,

I noticed PLATFORMS mentions you can compile with MSVC but doesn't have
a report, so you might want to add

x86 | Windows XP SP2 MSVC Toolkit 2003 | 0.9.6 | Passed| from Charlie
Hull [n]

footnote [n]: Building Xapian on Windows using MSVC requires a different
set of make files, which available to download from Lemur Consulting
(www.lemurconsulting.com). Libnet and thus the Remote backend cannot be
compiled, and currently only the Python bindings can be compiled.

Hope this is the right format for PLATFORMS !

Cheers

Charlie