[Xapian-devel] Problems building PHP extension for Xapian bindings on Windows

richard at lemurconsulting.com richard at lemurconsulting.com
Fri Sep 29 15:27:02 BST 2006

Just to add a note to Charlie's post, in order to get this far we had to
re-generate xapian_wrap.cc with a recent development version of SWIG: the
xapian_wrap.cc file included in release 0.9.6 of Xapian doesn't compile
with microsoft's compilers (due to declarations of the form
"zval **args[0];").  The current HEAD version of SWIG avoids generating
this.  If we can get the linking fixed, it might be worth generating the
PHP xapian_wrap.cc for the next Xapian release with the development version
of SWIG (or with 1.3.30 if it's been released by then).

--
Richard