[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-commits] 7990: trunk/xapian-core/trunk/xapian-core/bin/ trunk/xapian-core/tests/harness/

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Sun Apr 1 13:34:46 BST 2007

Mark Hammond wrote:
> Its looking pretty good!  A socklen_t definition got lost, so we need:
>
> +#ifdef _MSC_VER
> +typedef int socklen_t;
> +#endif
>
> Added to safewinsock2.h.

Done.

> And while we are on the topic :)  I believe its unrelated to the recent
> patches, but debug builds with assertions enabled are failing for me with:
>
> queryparser.cc
> queryparser.cc(163) : error C2451: conditional expression of type
> 'Xapian::Internal::RefCntPtr<T>' is illegal
>         with
>         [
>             T=Xapian::QueryParser::Internal
>         ]
>         No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this
> conversion, or the operator cannot be called
>
> I'm not experienced enough with std smart pointers to know what the correct
> check is.

The error message with GCC is:
/home/richard/private/Working/xapian/xapian-core/queryparser/queryparser.cc:163:
error: could not convert
'((Xapian::QueryParser*)this)->Xapian::QueryParser::internal' to 'bool'

which is a little more helpful - I've fixed this error, and another one
which popped up in omdebug.cc.  I've got everything working again on
Linux - let us know how you do on windows.

--
Richard