[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-discuss] Fixing issue with PHP5/Windows

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Apr 4 22:12:53 BST 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:57:46PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> You said:
>
> | Have we tested iterating through the get_matching_terms() output
> | directly, as opposed to using the MSetIterator to do it internally?
>
> OK, my best guess is that by "get_matching_terms()" you mean
> "get_matching_terms_begin() and get_matching_terms_end()" (and by
> "MSetIterator" you mean "TermIterator").  The answer to that amended
> question is that this reportedly works fine.
>
> If that's not the question you were asking, what was?

No, the opposite. We know that get_matching_terms_begin() and
get_matching_terms_end() work directly. However get_matching_terms()
has extra code over them to make it all magic. (Yeah, TermIterator.)

You were suggesting that the problem might be in running the output of
get_matching_terms() through join(); I thought I saw something
suggesting that someone had tested the output of get_matching_terms()
directly, and while _begin() and _end() worked, that didn't.

> I can't see an answer either way on this in the earlier mails - if you
> saw it, please point it out.

I meant:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.devel/1048> (I
think).

> The other piece of information we definitely do have is that this works:
>
>     join(foo())
>
> where foo() returns the same array which the call to
> get_matching_terms() is supposed to.

Yeah, which is why I think it's inside get_matching_terms().