[Xapian-devel] Re: [XapianBug 117] Invalid data in remote protocol can cause buffer overflow

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Apr 5 14:32:40 BST 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:09:04PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:

> Both Olly and I would like to get 1.0 released this month if possible,
> and keeping track of things this way should help, but as ever we'll see
> what happens...

I'm testing builds against Mac OS 10.4.9 at the moment - it all builds
cleanly, but the tests aren't smooth. This is with the latest Xcode,
and nothing clever on the box.

All the quartz and flint tests pass, although
writeabledb::databaseassign1 sometimes hangs for flint. Running it
again fixed it.

check-remote fails during remotetest - it hangs during
netmatch2. apitest on remote backend hangs as well (on emptyquery1,
the first one that tries to do anything), but remotetcp runs fine. I
guess there's a problem with the prog backend on Mac OS X latest?

I can't give anyone access to this machine at the moment because I'm
behind a corporate firewall, but I can sort something out once I'm
back in the UK this weekend. Alternatively, just tell me what to prod :-)