[Xapian-devel] svn:eolstyle

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 9 15:28:21 BST 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:21:25AM +1000, Mark Hammond wrote:
> I personally just have my subversion config file include:
>
> [auto-props]
> * = svn:eol-style=native
>
> I know that looks bad <wink>, but it works as subversion ignores the
> property for files it knows to be binary - google provides some clear
> commentary on the subject, and its never failed me yet, although I'd have
> trouble arguing against a slightly more conservative approach :)

But really we want this to be specified by the repository - if everyone
with commit access needs to set it up on every box they commit from then
it'll fail to happen reliably.

Also, I probably don't want to set this for every SVN repo I can commit
new files to.  I guess I'll have to RTFM (and then try to remember the
password for the xapian repository user...)