[Xapian-devel] Re: [XapianBug 117] Invalid data in remote protocol can cause buffer overflow

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 9 16:42:47 BST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 11:13:48AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> I think I've lost momentum on this for now and I already have plenty of
> other things to work on, so feel free.

I think I might have nailed this one - I think the problem is that
"runtest" outputs "Running ../bin/xapian-progsrv under valgrind" to
stdout before running xapian-progsrv under valgrind, and that gets
read by the client when it is expecting the opening banner from the
remote server.  Just checking that out now...