[Xapian-devel] Fixes for omega under Windows

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Apr 21 23:49:43 BST 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 08:37:11PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 01:46:00PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > We need a sane solution to allow using the safe versions of the system
> > headers in Omega too.  The obvious way is to just copy the files into
> > omega too but that's not ideal as they'll inevitably slowly diverge.
> > I'll read the SVN docs to see if we can share a copy in a sensible way.
>
> Still need to do this...

OK, now done.

This seems a bit clunky in SVN - it's specified in the svn:externals
property of xapian-applications/omega, but you have to specify a full
SVN URL, so we can only pull in a read-only copy via HTTP.  So if you
have write access and can ssh but not HTTP, then it will fail sadly.
The import also can't be relative, so we'll have to adjust for branches
manually.

Currently I've set it to import a particular revision, which is more
branch friendly that always pulling from the latest revision of trunk.
But it means we need to monitor changes to xapian-core and decide
when to update omega.  Better than trying to maintain two separate
copies though I guess...

I'll add a note to HACKING about this.