[Xapian-devel] msvc trunk breakage

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 24 01:40:27 BST 2007

Ack - sorry about the noise:

> However, this raises another issue:  I believe that the
> binary release of
> zlib *only* contains a DLL.  It might make more sense to include zlib
> statically, so there are no runtime dependencies on
> zlib1.dll.

I just tried to get things building on our buildbot using the binary
package, and I notice that package does *not* contain a zlib.lib, just a
zdll.lib.  I'm not sure if I have the wrong package, or the build system
still needs to be updated to refer to that .lib, or of something else has
gone wrong.

In the meantime, I simply copied 'zdll.lib' to 'zlib.lib' on the buildbot
filesystem.  This gets the buildbot past the zlib related errors, but
clearly isn't the correct response.

Cheers,

Mark