[Xapian-devel] Build Error in trunk (omega)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Dec 29 19:16:52 GMT 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 02:38:07AM -0800, Rick Olson wrote:
> Richard Boulton wrote:
> >Rick Olson wrote:
> >>omega.cc:204: error: ?pretty_tery? was not declared in this scope
> >
> >That's very odd; my checkout has "query_string += pretty_term(*i);" as
> >line 204, and according to svn blame, that line hasn't changed since
> >SVN revision 4948 (on October 16th 2003).  Are you sure it's not a
> >local modification, or perhaps you are working on a branch?

It looks fine to me too, and indeed that code hasn't been touched for
quite a while.

> Hmm, it was a fresh checkout of trunk... but who knows.

Unless you accidentally changed it in an editor, all I can think is that
it's a hardware glitch or a software bug in one of your tools.

It could be an indication of dodgy RAM or disks, though 'm' -> 'y' isn't
a single bit change, which is more common for such problems (it's two
bits away).

Does "svn status" report query.cc as 'M' (for modified)?