[Xapian-devel]Re: [Xapian-commits]7603: trunk/xapian-core/trunk/xapian-core/backends/flint/trunk/xapian-core/backends/quartz/

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 6 06:57:39 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:36:12AM +0100, Grzegorz Bogdanowicz wrote:
> What kind of result will interessed You?
>
> quartzcheck -> (no errors found)
> quartzcompact -> (correct compact)

Thanks for testing.

The output is probably what's most interesting.  I don't know how stat()
reacts to a 2GB+ file on Windows (on Unix it fails returning -1 on the
platforms I've tested).

If stat fails, quartzcompact will work but won't report the compression
statistics but will say:

    Done (couldn't stat all the DB files)

If stat() returns successfully but with a bogus filesize, then the
compression statistics will also be bogus.  Seeing the uncompacted
and compacted filesizes as well as the output from quartzcompact
might allow us to spot that.

But I think Charlie's original patch isn't quite correct anyway.