[Xapian-devel] Re: Java Bindings on a Mac

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 6 07:32:11 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 01:30:15PM -0500, John Schult wrote:
> Well, thanks to a colleague I figured it out...  The Apple JVM looks
> for libraries in
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/ and does not
> seem to care about -Djava.library.path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  There is
> probably some environment variable that it does examine, but I stopped
> trying to figure it out.

I'm not a Mac expert, but libtool seems to think OS X uses
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH rather than LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Does "make check" work in the java subdirectory of the built source
tree?

> >Essentially I replaced the the paths to jni.h with
> >/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers.

When you say "essentially", was that the only change?  If so, we should
be able to do that automatically for OS X.  And similarly for the
installation location and different library extension.