[Xapian-devel] non-snowball stemmer

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Tue Jan 9 15:41:50 GMT 2007

Oleg V Obolenskiy wrote:
> I am going to use  non-snowball russian stemmer with Xapian. There is a
> good one at http://www.aot.ru. I've found that current implementation of
> Xapian::Stem does not allow it (there is no public interface for
> Xapian::Stem::Internal). Do you apply patches? Are there any
> recommendations for writing patches?

Purely for my own interest, do you have any particular reason for
wanting to use this Russian stemmer instead of the snowball one?  Do you
have some evaluations suggesting that it works better, or some other
reason for liking it?  Can you see any obvious way in which the snowball
stemmer could be improved?

Also, if the stemmer is available under a GPL compatible license, it
would be nice to work out instructions on how to download it and use it.
Perhaps you could add information to the Xapian wiki somewhere?
Unfortunately, I don't read Russian, so couldn't get much useful
information from the page you linked to.

--
Richard