[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.1 released

Daniel Ménard Daniel.Menard at bdsp.tm.fr
Mon Jun 11 19:11:11 BST 2007

(the original message was on the discuss list, but I thought it was
better to switch on devel)

Olly Betts a écrit :
> I've now uploaded Xapian 1.0.1, which you can download from the usual
> place:

Olly, you're working to fast for me!

I had collected some remarks I got after testing 1.0.0, but I did not
send them fast enough.
Most of them are very minor points. Here they are:

1. In xapian.php (php5), class XapianQuery, constants OP_AND and
OP_ELITE_SET are defined as integers (0 and 10) and not as aliases of
"flat constants" (query_OP_AND, query_OP_ELITE_SET) like others do.

2. On windows, from the php bindings, I can't use SimpleStopper (apache
hangs).
Defining the stopper works fine:
XapianQueryParser->setStopper($simpleStopper)
but then if I try to parse a query, apache hangs the first time it
access the stopper.
I guess it is very windows specific, perhaps something similar to the
strings allocation problem we got with join(get_matching_terms()) in the
past.
I don't use the queryparser anymore but please let me know if I can help
debugging this one...

3. I was surprised by the precedence of the "NOT" operator:
QueryParser parses "a OR b NOT c" as "(a OR b) AND_NOT c"
I thought it would have been "a OR (b AND_NOT c)" but I'm probably wrong
as queryparser.lemony states that NOT has lower priority than OR...

4. Broken link
On the page
http://www.xapian.org/docs/
the link to "documentation of Xapian's internals" is broken.

5. Typo
In
http://www.xapian.org/docs/overview.html
paragraph which starts with "A Xapian::Query::OP_MAYBE node transmits
the documents" should read OP_AND_MAYBE

That is just to give you some work and prevent you from releasing new
versions so quickly ;-)

More seriously, none of these points is blocking for me, it's just "to
let you know"...

Daniel Ménard