[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.1 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jun 18 01:58:14 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 04:53:01PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 05:10:07PM +0200, Daniel M?nard wrote:
> > However, I'm not sure it is worth changing this if everyone is happy
> > with that (I was not asking for a change, just saying I was surprised)...
>
> I doubt anyone has really considered the case before (I hadn't, despite
> writing both incarnations of the QueryParser), so it would probably be
> OK to change.

I noticed that these two produce different answers:

 a OR b NOT c

 a OR b AND NOT c

That seems suprising and undesirable, and since nobody else seems to
care enough about this one way or the other to voice their opinion,
I've decide to change the order of precedence.  It was:

AND 'AND NOT'
OR XOR NOT (equal)

Now it's:

AND 'AND NOT' NOT (equal)