[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-commits] 7990: trunk/xapian-core/trunk/xapian-core/bin/ trunk/xapian-core/tests/harness/

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Mar 31 10:55:38 BST 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 05:33:49PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:
> Incidentally, I've now finished merging Mark's patches into HEAD, so
> remote databases should now work on windows... Unless I've mucked
> something up of course, which I probably have.  However, we're certainly
> pretty close now!

And after some fettling it now builds under mingw too, though I'm
cross-compiling so haven't tried running the testsuite yet.  Hopefully
it still works with MSVC...

The only real problem so far is that libtool can't see a DLL for
-lws2_32 so decides to statically link everything!  Is winsock actually
a DLL or a static library?