[Xapian-devel] Last minute feature for 1.0.0

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Fri May 4 16:29:42 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> I didn't look at the patch itself, but presumably it just adds extra
> information to the end of the metadata record, so this change can at
> least quietly upgrade existing flint databases?

Ah, no.  The problem is that pack_uint_last() is used for the lastdocid
value, instead of pack_uint(), so we don't know where the end of the
metadata record is.  If we made the tiny change to change
pack_uint_last() to pack_uint() in the set method (and the corresponding
change to the unpack methods), we'd be able to make the change without
breaking old databases.

--
Richard