[Xapian-devel] Xapian::xapian_version_string(), etc

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Tue May 8 10:10:25 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> So I don't think there's a reason to keep these around longer than we
> would otherwise.  I think removing these in 1.1.0 would be fine, and we
> should suggest otherwise in the documentation.  Am I missing something?

No, I think your points were all valid.  I've just been thinking in
Python terms too much recently, where API compatibility is a much more
flexible thing.  But even in python, you could detect an out-of-date
xapian by catching the AttributeError when you try and call the version
function, so there's no need to keep the old functions around indefinitely.

I've removed the comment from deprecation.rst, and I noticed that I
missed the xapian_version functions from the list of deprecated
functions in the bindings, so I've added them to that.

--
Richard