[Xapian-devel] Xapian-omega does not build

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 16 11:22:20 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:01:03PM +0200, Anders Nordby wrote:
> This problem seems to only exist with xapian-omega 1.0.6, if used with
> xapian-core 1.0.5. If I use xapian-omega 1.0.5 I can compile with no
> problems. I take it this means the version numbers of xapian-core and
> xapian-omega must match?

Not always, but if xapian-core adds a new API feature and xapian-omega
uses it (as in this case), then xapian-omega requires that xapian-core
version.

Within a release series at least (e.g. 1.0.x) a *older* xapian-omega
should always work with a *newer* xapian-core.

Most people use matching versions, so such combinations will have been
better tested too, though I don't actually recall any problems in this
area.