[Xapian-devel] Duplicate docids in mset

Jean-Francois Dockes jean-francois.dockes at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 12 09:48:53 GMT 2008

Olly Betts writes:
 > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 07:15:07PM +0100, Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:
 > > I seem to be seeing a (very unfrequent) case where I get the same document
 > > twice inside a result list (same xapian docid as last and first entries of
 > > consecutive msets).
 >
 > Assuming that the database hasn't been modified between the two
 > searches, this shouldn't happen - the "split" results should be the same
 > as the "unsplit".
 >
 > So it would be interesting to find out what's causing this.  Is it
 > repeatable with the same query on the same data?

Yes it is repeatable with the same query on a readonly index. Unfortunately
I tried to reproduce it with "quest" but I can't, only with Recoll (can be
done with the command line interface).

I placed the data used to reproduce the problem in:

http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/repeatDocid.tgz

There is a README with the data, with more instructions and explanations.

I see this as a really minor issue, I am not sure it's worth a lot of effort
on your side. However, I am at your disposition for explaining or tweaking
how Recoll calls Xapian if needed.

Regards,
J.F. Dockes