[Xapian-devel] Some Questions From the beginner of Xapian

liminghit liminghit at 126.com
Tue Sep 16 08:40:31 BST 2008

Dear, guys:

  I am a beginner of Xapian, when reading the documents, I encountered follow questions.

(1) I see the Xapian::Document has a method

  void  add_value (Xapian::valueno valueno, const std::string &value)

  What's the purpose of this method?  Document will related to the terms, but what's the purpose of this?

(2) add_posting method will add term to a documents.

   void add_posting (const std::string &tname, Xapian::termpos tpos, Xapian::termcount wdfinc=1)

I noticed that

Xapian::TermGenerator has follow method

  void  index_text (const Xapian::Utf8Iterator &itor, Xapian::termcount weight=1, const std::string &prefix="")

 What's the differences and relationship between these two functions?

Thanks a lot!

Sam