[Xapian-devel] Xapian Ruby bindings do not implement full multi-value-sorting functionality?

Lukas Rieder l.rieder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:11:49 GMT 2009

Hello,

this is a question that could be answered by collaborators of the Ruby
bindings.
Today I've played around with the Xapian::MultiValueSorter class. I've set
everything up and then I tried following on an instance of Xapian::Enquire:

:
enquire = Xapian::Enquire.new(database)
enquire.query = options[:query]
:
sorter = Xapian::MultiValueSorter.new
sorter.add(0, true)
sorter.add(1, true)
:
enquire.sort_by_key_then_relevance(sorter)
:

And it seems that there is no 'sort_by_key_then_relevane' method implented
in Xapian::Enquire.
The documentation tells me:
http://www.xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Enquire.html#7c6c0c1f66bdeefbd09a0575584ba9b9

Is there a reason for this? How could it be implemented into the Ruby
bindings?

I've read the HACKING document that comes with the xapian-bindings but I've
never used SWIG, I wasn't able to help myself.
Any help is highly appreciated.

Lukas Rieder