[Xapian-devel] Sample quickstartindex unable to create database on Windows 2008

Martin Margo martin_margo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 01:08:33 BST 2009

Hello

My desktop is running Windows 2008 and I used Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 to compile 1.0.13 Xapian and Ruby bindings.
I then copy and paste this code from xapian website to my new project and link it with Xapian lib. Everything builds and links nicely

http://xapian.org/docs/quickstartindex.cc.html

I ran it with the following args
XapianIndex.exe C:\tmp\junk14 "hello hello" hello

C:\tmp\junk14 exists and empty.

The app crashed.

First-chance exception at 0x7771f328 in XapianIndex.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Xapian::DatabaseCreateError at memory location 0x006bf9d8..
Unhandled exception at 0x7771f328 in XapianIndex.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Xapian::DatabaseCreateError at memory location 0x006bf9d8..
The program '[4800] XapianIndex.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Has anyone encountered this error before? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance