[Xapian-devel] Xapian .lemony files

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Thu Jun 4 06:55:46 BST 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:27:01 -0400, Mike wrote:

> I wanted to add a small tweak to my installation of the Query Parser.
> Should I be editing queryparser.lemony? I tried that and the make
> didn't include my change. I applied the same change to
> queryparser_internal.cc and it worked fine. Is the .lemony file
> something used internally and I can ignore? Or do I need to run
> something prior to make to convert the files?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need to
run configure with the --enable-maintainer-mode flag to have the .lemony
file translated into the .cc file when building.

I think the .lemony is the correct place to make your changes, otherwise
they will be overwritten when the .cc is regenerated later (ok, if
you're not going to do that, it doesn't matter, but losing the changes
because of forgetting something like that sucks...)

I'm no expert on these things, so take my comments with an appropriate
pinch of salt.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Although I've tested that it works, I recommend no          Adam Sjøgren
  people it."                                            asjo at koldfront.dk