[Xapian-devel] A Hebrew stemmer based on libhspell

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 12 05:28:44 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 09:54:04PM +0300, Asaf Bartov wrote:
> So I'm a little confused about this.  Can anyone shed light on the status of
> generic stemming -- is this half-written support?

It is being worked on, see this ticket:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/448

Probably clearest to ignore the start and read from comment 9:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/448#comment:9

Currently there's an assumption in the Xapian::Stem API that a word has
exactly one stem, which from what you say doesn't fit hspell.  Obviously
this limitation can be addressed (and really should be as it's the assumption
made by the API which is wrong here, not hspell), but that's a separate issue
not addressed by ticket 448.