[Xapian-devel] Instructions for adding backends in backends/Makefile.am

Conrad Hoffmann ch at bitfehler.net
Thu Jun 3 17:35:26 BST 2010

Hello People,

first of all, thank you for creating this great piece of software!

I have recently started to implement a backend from scratch to get accquainted
with the internals of Xapian. Unfortunately, the instructions in
backends/Makefile.am are missing an important step (or I missed s/t):
Adding some code to include/xapian/version_h.cc, to make the #ifdefs work.

Took me a while to figure out. Maybe because I do not know much about the way
the autotools suite does its magic, but I am sure sooner or later someone else
might appreciate a hint (especially since the insctructions are otherwise very
precise, so one tends to rely on them).

If you want to flame me for this post, please CC me, I am not subscribed :)

Keep up the great work.

Regards, Conrad
ch at bitfehler.net
http://bitfehler.net

# support cryptography! public key:
http://bitfehler.net/ch.asc
# md5: 2cf33119c0a2bc2faab52cd30a74c02e  ch.asc